Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kids' Camp - 7 weeks out

Well, 7 weeks out and things are not exactly where I had hoped they would be. A few weeks ago I left drama "try outs" completely excited and energized with the thought of having the teens take over the large group drama time. Well, it isn't working out quite the way I had hoped. It's not from lack of trying, the teens are giving us everything they have. I think the problem lies with my lack of knowledge in the drama process and lack of experience in "directing".

Tonight I have the unpleasant task of giving our teens their new assignments as we fill in the leads with some of our veteran stage performers. My hope is that everyone sticks with us and the process and in a few years, with more practice these teenagers will be our "veteran" actors.

I'm feeling frustrated at my lack of foresight in the process of leading, definitely something I am praying about. The last thing I would ever want to do is discourage a teenager, or anyone for that matter from serving in the future.

No comments: